On February 4th, Bobby Umar addressed the topic, How To Leverage Failures on Seyopa’s live Periscope chat. Bobby began the chat with a quote that really hits the nail on the head:
“As I look back on my life I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good I was actually being redirected to something better.”
Failure is part of life and it happens all the time. We don’t always know how to deal with it, but the more we understand how to cope with the setbacks thrown our way, the closer we come to seizing our passion and finding our purpose.
Here are Bobby’s 5 tips for leveraging failure:
- Take A Break: Just breathe! When faced with failure take time for yourself. Treat yourself. Bobby suggests having a drink or going to a movie. Find something that makes you feel good and take the time for a short escape.
- You Lose Some You LEARN Some: Anytime you’re faced with failure it’s important to use it as an opportunity to learn. Ask yourself, “what did I learn from this failure?” Take the time for deep reflection with no judgement so you can better understand what went wrong and why.
- Get Feedback: Bobby talked about asking 5 different people to give feedback about the situation which failed. By asking a diverse group of objective individuals to share their opinions we can then gain perspective and look at the bigger picture. Having more than one sounding board is a great way to learn and move forward.
- Revamp-Reject-Release: Bobby suggests taking the feedback received in step #3 and adjusting or revamping what failed to make it better. Of course if your heart doesn’t agree with the feedback by all means you have the right to reject the advice. However the hardest, but most definitely the most vital step is releasing the failure! LET IT GO! When things don’t work out it’s for a reason, so take another breath (step #1) and let it go!
- Vision: Close your eyes and imagine what success looks like. What does it feel like? Having vision is imperative to success. It’s okay to take a pause, rethink, and start over. Once your battery is recharged you’ll be ready to take on anything!
Never forget that failure is part of life. Without failure we would not be able to succeed. Take every roadblock and use it to your advantage. Learn from it and grow! When you revise your leadership path you will be on your way to successfully seizing your passion! To watch all of our live streams, click here!
Blog posted by Rachel Silver Cohen of Silver Unpolished
Not Subscribed? JOIN over 20,000 others and get direct access to meaningful, insightful, and empowering content, delivered straight to your inbox! GET INSPIRED to do more of what you love, to be more of who you love, and to live your life to the fullest - with joy, meaning, purpose, passion, power, and fulfillment! Join us. Subscribe now: